Learn about the limitations of pairing your EP 01 to a Bluetooth device that doesn’t have the Drop Labs app installed.
EP 01 uses Bluetooth® audio streaming to connect to other devices, so any audio source that supports Bluetooth audio streaming can request to pair with EP 01, even if that source doesn’t have the Drop Labs app installed.
Examples of devices that don’t have the Drop Labs app:
- Desktop PCs
- A phone that’s neither iPhone or Android
- An iPhone or Android phone that doesn’t have the Drop Labs app installed
Limitations of using EP 01 without the Drop Labs app
Because EP 01 is designed to be used with the Drop Labs app (available for iPhones and Android phone), your experience will be limited in the following ways if you pair your EP 01 to a device that doesn’t have the Drop Labs app:
- You won’t be able to adjust the intensity.
- You won’t be able to choose filters that affect how the sensation feels.
- You won’t be able to pair and control headphones.
- You won’t be able to check battery and EP 01 connectivity status.
- Your EP 01 will use the settings (intensity level, filter, etc) it had when last connected to a phone with the Drop Labs app.