Pair headphones with your EP 01, so you can listen to music, hear game audio, or other content that you’re playing from your phone via Bluetooth to EP 01.
How to pair headphones with your EP 01
- Turn on and (re)connect EP 01 to your phone.
- Open the Drop Labs app.
- Open the Headphone Control panel at the bottom of the main app screen.
- If headphones are paired, tap “Forget”.
- How to tell if headphones are paired: The name of the headphones is displayed instead of “Select Headphones to Pair” and the status says “Not Connected”.
- The headphone control status changes to “Scanning for headphones…”
- Put your headphones into pairing mode.
- If you have AirPods or recent Beats headphones: See How to pair Apple AirPods and recent-model Beats headphones with your EP 01
- Tap the name of your headphones in the list of discovered devices.
- Note: It can take up to a minute for your headphones to appear in the list.
- EP 01 can only be paired to one headphone at a time. If you want to connect to different headphones, you have to forget the currently paired headphones first.
- Headphones, on the other hand, can be paired with multiple source devices at the same time; they just can’t be connected to more than one source at a time. Learn more about the difference between connected and paired in Bluetooth Basics.
- Headphones always try to reconnect to the source device (e.g. phone or EP 01) they were connected to. If that was your phone, your headphones will reconnect to your phone instead of your EP 01.
- If you unpair your AirPods from your iPhone, you won't be able to use them during phone calls on your phone (because they can't connect to your phone without being paired first).