Since Apple AirPods and recent models of Beats headphones are designed to easily pair with directly with iPhones, the process to pair them with EP 01 is slightly different. Once your sneakers are powered on and connected to your iPhone, follow these steps to pair your AirPods or Beats.
- Open the DropLabs app.
- Tap the white headphone control panel at the bottom of the main app screen.
- Put your AirPods or Beats headphones into pairing mode.
To put AirPods into pairing mode:
- Put both AirPods in the charging case.
- Open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
- If you see this pop-up animation DO NOT TAP "CONNECT", Instead, click on the "X" or swipe down to close that window.
- Once that window is closed, tap the name of your AirPods or Beats headphones in the list of discovered devices.
Note: It can take up to a minute for your headphones to appear in the list.
You're all set! Now that your EP 01 and headphones are paired, audio coming from your iPhone will play to your headphones and you'll feel the sensation in your DropLabs sneakers simultaneously.