Learn how to identify issues caused by wireless interference, common sources of interference, and how to fix them.
What is wireless interference?
Bluetooth devices use radio waves to communicate. Wireless interference is anything that disrupts that communication, for instance other devices that use radio waves to communicate.
Issues caused by wireless interference
- EP 01 doesn't connect or doesn’t stay connected.
- Headphones don't connect or don’t stay connected.
- Headphone audio skips, drops out, stutters, or cuts off.
Common sources of wireless interference
- Other Bluetooth devices, especially many in the same room
- Wi-Fi routers and devices
- Microwave ovens.
- Cordless phones
- Power cables
- Metal structures
- Hidden conduits under streets, sidewalks, and crosswalks
How to reduce wireless interference
Avoid using EP 01 near common sources of interference.
Change the headphone performance to reduce dropouts:
- Open the Drop Labs app.
- Tap Settings.
- Go to Advanced > Headphone Performance
- Select Reduce Dropouts